Travel Offered by AAPRCO Members
April 15, 2015
AAPRCO's "Pine Tree Limited" special train eastbound on Norfolk Southern at Burns Harbor, Indiana on 9/17/2014. The train is enroute to AAPRCO's 37th annual convention, which was held "down east" at Portland, Maine.
Photo by Don Kalkman.
Although our members often charter their cars to an individual or company,
many offer travel opportunities to others. As individual car owners inform us of opportunities
where space is available on their car(s), those travel opportunities will be posted here.
The actions of the members of AAPRCO, Inc. are
those of independent contractors. AAPRCO, Inc. does not own nor operate
cars and does not make any representation as to the services provided.
To post a travel opportunity, email it to the Webmaster.
If there is an attachment to the email, please use .txt or .pdf format.
This information was last updated on
April 15, 2015
Travel Opportunities are listed in order of the date of departure.
APRIL, MAY, JUNE 2015
HICKORY CREEK and BERLIN
A Trip to New Orleans Jazzfest
New York to New Orleans and return
April 28 – May 5, 2015
HICKORY CREEK (Star Trak Inc.) and BERLIN SLEEPING CAR (Deep River Rail Ventures LLC) are pleased to offer a very special opportunity to experience the ambiance of overnight Pullman rail travel between two of the greatest cities in the country. Take this opportunity to escape the snow covered Northeast and head south to New Orleans. Attend Jazz Fest or tour New Orleans as you please.
Indulge in mouth-watering meals and panoramic views from the famous “Lookout Lounge” of the New York Central round end observation car HICKORY CREEK, recently highlighted in the January 2015 issue of Trains Magazine.
Surround yourself in the plush sleeping accommodations of the former American Orient Express sleeping car BERLIN. offering spacious mahogany paneled rooms and private showers.
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
• Depart Amtrak New York Penn Station at 2:15PM
• First call for gourmet dinner as we near our Nation's Capital. Spend some relaxing time with complimentary cocktails in the lounge before retiring to the comfort of your private bedroom, where you fall asleep to the rhythm of the rails.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
• Wake up to the ever-changing scenery viewed from your bedroom window.
• Indulge in a chef prepared breakfast and lunch as you travel towards the "The Big Easy."
• Enjoy afternoon hors d’oeuvres prior to our arrival in the "Birthplace of Jazz."
Thursday, April 30, 2015 to Sunday, May 3, 2015
• Breakfast served aboard your Pullman hotels as you begin your day.
• Four full days to experience Jazz Fest 2015 or many of the other interesting sights, scenes and tastes of the "Crescent City." Lunch and dinners are on your own. Enjoy an evening glass of wine and restful nights in your private bedroom as our rail cars are parked in downtown New Orleans Union Station adjacent to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Monday, May 4, 2015
• Join us in the "Lookout Lounge" as we say good bye to "Nawlins", as we depart Union Passenger Terminal promptly at 7:00AM "New York Central" Time and enjoy your breakfast items of choosing prepared especially for you.
• Racing over the rolling hills of the south, share stories of your visit with friends over lunch and dinner. Enjoy evening drinks and a restful night in your private bedroom.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
• As you awake you see that the pace has picked up a bit as we near the Potomac and the Capital is in site once again.
• Enjoy your last Pullman meal of this unforgettable journey as we sprint up the busy Northeast Corridor towards our final station stop at Penn Station in New York.
FARES - $2,995 / person Double Occupancy - $5,241 / person Single Occupancy
Option 1: Personal/Business check made out to: Deep River Rail Ventures LLC mailed to: Kevin Moore 46 Chestnut Ridge Drive Clarion, PA 16214.
Option 2: Mastercard, VISA.
Please note your reservation is not confirmed until your payment has cleared. All inquiries and reservations contact: Kevin Moore at email@example.com or call 814-229-6354. Deep River Rail Ventures LLC and Star Trak Inc. reserve the right to cancel this trip should reservations not reach 80% occupancy 30 days before the trip.
Remember The 20th Century Limited
New York City – Chicago – New York City
May 15-18, 2015
Join us on a journey to Chicago aboard the HICKORY CREEK. We will congregate in the Club Acela Lounge at Penn Station in New York City prior to the journey on Friday May 15. Be in the lounge no later than 3:00 PM for our 3:40 PM departure. Chicago’s landmark Union Station is our destination with arrival in Chicago scheduled for 9:45 AM the next day.
Lodging and meals are on your own in Chicago.
Return to Chicago Union Station’s Metropolitan Lounge no later than 8:50 PM for our scheduled 9:30 PM departure on May 17. We are scheduled to arrive back in New York City at 6:23 PM the next day.
Please see our website for a full itinerary.
We have revised our fares to make this experience more affordable.
Single or double occupancy round trip $2,795.00; Single or double occupancy one way $1,395.
Cancellation penalties apply.
Please Contact Bob Ash for more information and payment schedule:
JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER 2015
NEW YORK CENTRAL 3 / PORTLAND
A Trip from New York to the West Coast and Return
July 17 - August 4, 2015
My high school class in Lake Oswego, Oregon is having one of its wonderful reunions this summer, replete with good friends, boat rides on the lake, picnic at the lovely park where I learned to swim, and all the other benefits that Oregon offers in the summer.
If we can cover costs, we’d like to take NYC 3/Portland and use it as our hotel en-route.
The draft itinerary from New York to the West Coast and return takes 20 days, covers 7400 miles and has stops in Washington, DC (1 day); Chicago (1 day); Whitefish, MT (two days); Portland (4 days); and Oakland (3 days). If so desired, the trip could be expanded to cover Seattle and/or Los Angeles. The draft involves traveling to Portland on the Empire Builder and from Emeryville to Chicago on the California Zephyr. There is also a potential deal-breaker; Amtrak is currently storing a second Empire Builder train set in Portland because of the huge delays BNSF delays on the Empire Builder, and they currently have no room to park private cars there. Hopefully, that situation will have improved by summer.
This trip could function as either a discounted charter trip with a single client who assembles his/her travel group or a trip where individual guests sign up. The actual price will depend on the level of service desired by the group and the final itinerary, but will involve paying actual Amtrak costs at full value and all other car-related costs at a 40% discount.
Travel dates are projected to be July 17-August 4. Kindly contact Lovett Smith @ 203-775-2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, and visit our website at www.nyc-3.com.
AAPRCO 38th Annual Convention
St Louis, Missouri
October 1-3, 2015
AAPRCO Spirit of St Louis Special Train
Chicago - Cincinnati - Louisville - St Louis - Chicago
September 27 - October 4, 2015
Look here in 2015 for those cars that will offer space on their trip
to and from the AAPRCO convention at Saint Louis, Missouri.
NO TRIPS LISTED AT THIS TIME. CHECK AGAIN ANOTHER TIME.
OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER 2015
NO TRIPS LISTED AT THIS TIME. CHECK AGAIN ANOTHER TIME.
Return to top